Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > For Support update purchase/price
For Support update purchase/price

3490 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-26 00:37:15

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-14 01:11:22

Why is it not possible to downgrade my 908PRO and just buy a 908 1 year subscription for a much

cheaper price(300us less) as I never use the mb/bmw  software on servers  as you would see with my serial number

It would also possible increase sub renewal and       be a nice gesture on your part for 908P owner cost

Maybe    just charge 30$ like oem  for three day access/or till it works programming data for bmw/mb

Update price for 908P to high for non use of server and this option would    be a short term option

to your post on Lowering the 1 year renewal price'

Price updates for   906/905 and down are ok price

Jim

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-15 02:47:46 (Reply to:Jim)

I would think that would be a viable option for Autel to be able to sell more Maxi Sys Pros and Maxi Sys Elites to people that do their research and decline to buy one of the larger because they be stuck paying all that extra money for Pro Elite updates  that cost about double what a Maxi SYS MS905 Mini update costs, and you don't see enough BMW and Mercedes Flashing to justify the extra $500 expense a Pro update going to cost you over a Mini. You might even be close to the price of a regular MS 908 (that basically offers only a larger screen, more rugged protection, and has an HDMI port)  if you just bought the Mini and bought the Maxi Flash J2534  separately to use off a windows laptop with OE 24hour subscriptions when you actually need to do programming, and the updates cost considerably less than a MS908for the same exact car coverage , be money ahead.
       I also don't see why the Maxi Sys Coding capabilities are being listed as "advanced" (other than giving you active subscription re-flashing programming capability with the J2534 device for BMW and Mercedes models  ) The DS 708 and it's successor MS906 coding capabilities  are only listed as "minimal."
     Scanner against scanner as a professional technician,  short of re-flashing modules on BMW and Mercedes, but everything else diagnostic wise a MAxi Sys Pro presently can do the older slower DS 708 ( their former flag ship )can not do? Can you list some examples of where a DS708 or MS906 doesn't offer  certain needed non J2534 subscription coding and bi-directional features that the Maxi Sys has (that works when you try it ?

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-20 00:40:33 (Reply to:witsend)

I would possibly buy the update for the non pro just to keep this scanner going

I v only owned it for three years

the shop has a ds708,been updated year or two ago

I don't know it deep capabilities but found it clumsy and slow so didn't use it much just on euros

my sub cost is 999US compared to 699US and that's the lowest I can find

convert to CND dollars plus shipping and 13% tax

Its 1500canadian easy for one year for the pro

1100 Canadian for non pro

I was hoping support would comment about subscription pricing

as they where the ones that started this sub lowering price post

Get our hopes up and leave us hanging and think more negative about their actions

I know they need money for R&D but there breaking the backs of the Pro/Elite owners

I was told no short term solution. I know , give me two years for that price and bill me per flash off server

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-22 15:18:19 (Reply to:Jim)

Do you really work on one and two year old cars all  that often where you  always need to update your new car coverage? My DS 708 expired back in August of 2014 and still relevant and going strong . I had made backup software SD cards  for it while it was still under free update period. I work on cars mostly 5 years and older, so if I get an occasional 3 year old car now  I'm getting to the latest coverage my expired DS 708 coverage has left to offer, so soon I need will need newer car coverage.
     If your present software on the Pro isn't corrupted and you rarely  do re flashing of modules , then just leave it as is and use the $1300 to buy a brand new MS906 off Amazon.If older coverage has not suffered , then  sell the MS908P to offset the expense. The MS906 might be a slight downgrade foregoing the Pro's wireless VCI and larger screen but it's a new fast tool, has a warranty and another 12 months of updates.
      I figure if the allegations of on going downgrading or loss of  functionality of the repair software is true and has been happening to the older car coverage, than why pay $900-$1200 to get newer car coverage for a Pro  if it might be  simultaneously compromising  some of the older car software functionality as Autel likely has to show on going progress in court compliance to either successfully re-engineer things or remove software in contention that was hacked or unlicensed to use in the past .
      I would buy a new MS 906 and leave the Pro as is with old software, and sell the Pro to offset the cost  if  the older car coverage on the MS906 doesn't disappoint and require archiving the  older Pre Optimized system software versions of a early MS908 P .

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-25 11:42:04 (Reply to:witsend)

30 percent for the cars I work on are 3years and newer and out of warranty mileage wise

Most customers refuse to go  back to dealer

I have been considering a launch but have not demo one and the fourms at launch look like autels

with complaints of missing functions as well

You would think in this day of access to info ,the environment/emmissiion and safety the

government would mandate access to all systems and all functions, after all the customer paid

for the software in his car but not allowed to access it for diag/repair

Any other scanner you know of that compares to autels before the lawsuit

cannot go back to tethered scanner or snap-on

I bought this Pro for its capabilities and large screen as my vision is degrading at age 51

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-26 00:37:15 (Reply to:Jim)

I don't know when you first bought your  MS 908 Pro and when the software expired, but from what I read is that the software functionality was at it's best when the tablet was first released when the DS708 and Maxi Sys had all the factory  logos and the original thinly veiled Chinese Hacked factory software we all loved and bought these things for.. I don't believe the Ford Lawsuit ever had any conclusion or a favorable out come for Autel and much of the updates afterward reflect it, I believe was a smoke and mirror disappearing, and disabling of certain functions of the hack software that are in cease and desist contention over a necessary period of time in order to be in compliance by a certain dates. If  possibly  some creative work arounds could be done in time to salvage and restore certain inoperative functionality by re engineering another work around for they might deemed ok to be  restored  and called some fixes  that resulted from us sending in data logs for software problems.
      I don't believe the updating in the last year and a half  that folk did in order to  get newer car coverage was fixing more things with the older car coverage  then it seemed to be breaking with each update.
      People seem hesitant  to update now even if  their free update period is still current and free let alone having to pay $1200 for some added newer car coverage , while subtracting or disabling some valuable functionality in legal contention and slowly bleeding certain things back to OE subscription access only. The fact that Autel won't provide a hard backup of the old software on each tablet seems to tell me that ongoing court mandates have made it illegal for Autel to ever make the  older software versions accessible again .It's not Autel's fault that it's being StrapOn'd to the whipping pole. Think if I was The Main Chinaman Man I would have all the Ford Suits and ties tossed in a rice paddy and put a Scud up their car Azzs  , and Say this is OBD4 compliance from now on Western  B@tches, You build your Sh@t here cheaply , we copy and simpify all your repair software  and it's available in it's entirety and made  free to all and made so that pass through devices are no longer required after cars are out of bumper to bumper warranty, and that goes for everyone else too, otherwise you all get a Colonoscopy each time you are not all in compliance with New Chinese Mandated OBD4 Right to Repair.

Total1 Pages